What is ISO 17020:2012?
ISO 17020:2012 specifies the requirements for the abilities of entities performing inspection of the impartiality and consistency of their inspection activities.
ISO 17020:2012 Certification Overview
Private clients, parent organizations, or authorities are assisted by Inspection bodies or entities to carry out assessments on their behalf, with the objective of providing information about the conformity of the inspected items with regulations, standards, specifications, inspection schemes or contracts.
The types of Inspection Bodies are as follows :
- Type A: The Type A inspection body provides "third party" inspection services. The inspection body and its staff don’t engage in any activities that could conflict with their independence of judgement and integrity towards their inspection activities.
- Type B: The Type B inspection body forms a separate and identifiable part of an Organization and is established to supply inspection services to its parent organization.
- Type C: The Type C inspection body is an identifiable part of an organization and is established to supply inspection services to its parent organization as well as other external organizations.
ISO 17020:2012 Certification Requirements
ISO 17020:2012 certification requires for the inspection services or ISO certification consultants to follow a list of procedures before they can provide inspection services.
The list is as follows:
- A procedure to ensure that individuals or organizations separate from the inspection body cannot influence the results of inspections by the ISO 17020-accredited organization.
- Properly outlined responsibilities of management.
- A plan for corrective action.
- An outlined procedure for the care and maintenance of equipment.
- A procedure for selecting qualified suppliers.
- An outlined procedure for purchasing.
- Documentation for the inspection of materials received by the organization.
- Procedure for appropriate storage facilities
- A system for protecting the integrity of data produced by the organization.
- A method for ensuring the security of data produced by the organization.
- A method for dealing with defective equipment.
- Procedure(s) in place for performing inspections.
- Predefined procedure(s) in place for performing non-standard inspections.
- Predefined procedure(s) in place for avoiding deterioration or damage to inspection items.
- A procedure for dealing with complaints.
- A plan for dealing with appeals against the results of inspections.
How to get ISO 17020:2012 certification - Training
Samarth Consultants provides the inspection services parameters which include matters of quantity, quality, safety, fitness for purpose, and continued safety compliance of installations or systems in operation.
We offer inspection services training to individuals within organizations with the training they can properly execute the ISO 17020 audit checklist and also provide ISO consultancy services to get ISO 17020 certification.
The training covers the following:
- Understand the ISO/IEC 17020:2012 requirements
- Learning about how to coordinate a quality management system audit under ISO/IEC 17020:2012.
- Develop an understanding of the technical systems and issues of the accredited inspection body.
- Training that explains how to collect audit evidence and document observations, including techniques for effective questioning and listening.
- Learning how to report the findings and conclusions.
ISO 17020:2012 Certification Services:
An accreditation body issues the ISO/IEC 17020:2012 Accreditation Certificate, which is then authorized by the IAF MRA to provide accreditation under the ISO/IEC 17020:2012. After the completion of pre-assessment and registration (final) assessment, the ISO 17020 certificate is issued for a two years period. The surveillance audits are conducted by the Accreditation body after one year. Upon completion of two-year cycle, at every two years interval a renewal audit is conducted without any periodic surveillance assessment.
To get ISO certification consulting services, training and implement it for certified inspection services so, request us to call back you. We are providing our ISO 17020:2012 certification consulting services in India, Europe and all over the world.